John M. Brock, Jr., is Vice President of Development for Gregory D. Bynum and Associates, Inc. Mr. Brock joined the firm in May of 1988. Prior to 1988, he was President and Chief Executive Officer of the Malcolm Brock Company.
Mr. Brock is a lifetime resident of Bakersfield. He attended local schools and has a Bachelor of Arts degree from Stanford University and a Masters Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern California.
While with the Malcolm Brock Company, Mr. Brock was involved in the development of the East Hills Mall in Bakersfield, California. In his current position he has been responsible for all aspects of real estate development and real estate property management. He has served as a project manager for the firm’s real estate development projects since 1988. These include:
- 1811 Oak Street – Park Plaza 8,000 SF 1988-1989
- 6001 Truxtun – Mercy Medical Park Phase II 15,818 SF 1989
- 5701 Truxtun Avenue – Truxtun Place 42,000 SF 1990-1991
- 5201 Truxtun Avenue – Berry Petroleum 53,950 SF 1991
- 4901 Commerce Drive – Occidental Records 35,750 SF 1993
- 3700 Gosford Road – Gosford Park 17,177 SF 1993-1994
- 1300 18th Street – District Attorney Bldg. 107,000 SF 1997-1998
- 5801 Truxtun Avenue – Univision Broadcast Facility 15,237 SF 2000-2001
- 4865 Truxtun Avenue – Paragon Spa and Salon 8,000 SF 2002-2003
- 3025 Coffee Road – Goodwill Industries 18,000 SF 2004-2005
- 4885 Truxtun Avenue – Truxtun Court 12,000 SF 2005-2006
- 8500–8850 Stockdale Highway – University Place 52,000 SF 2006-2007
- 5125 Ashe Road – Ashe Road Place 23,000 SF 2008-2009
Mr. Brock has also managed tenant improvements and construction projects for: Occidental Petroleum; Santa Fe Energy Resources; BFGC Architects, Planners Inc.; LeBeau Thelen, LLP.; Kern County Mental Health Department; Watson Realty Company; Stewart Title Company; Univision Television Group, Inc.; and many others.
He has been active in the community and is a former Director of the Bank of Stockdale, Greater Bakersfield Memorial Hospital, the United Way of Kern County, the Waterman Foundation, and many other business and civic organizations. He currently serves on both the Executive Advisory Council and President’s Advisory Council at California State University, Bakersfield.